Friday, August 3, 2012

This Little Piece of Heaven


 I have been reading your blog about this piece of heaven that is not far from me. You are blessed to be able to live there and see all of GOD's beauty. I have always wanted to live there. Your blog sure opens the flood gates of emotions and urges to move. I even got on line last night to look at what houses are for sale there.

Back around 1997-98 I took my uncle there and we view several homes. One was the log style home that is on the corner of Lakeshore Dr. and Spruce Dr. Loved the wood paneled walls inside but the kitchen floor was rotted out and the roof was in bad shape. The place was in need of to much repair. There were others we looked at, and one was a cute yellow and white house with large picture window on the front, just near the lake and was being renovated. We were going to settle on that one when he developed heart problems and could not move.
Sadly he passed away but my dream still lives on to one day own a place there.

Thank you for posting on your blog about this beautiful piece of heaven.

Again, you are blessed, Dallas, to live there. 
-- Tammy's comment on my recent Ban Booster Concert blogpost

At the same time Tammy and her uncle were looking at homes in Pine Lake, so was I. I had been riding along with a friend who was house-hunting and having no luck. One day I said, "I remember this little place I was at once," and we found ourselves riding around the city.

The first house we visited was the same cabin at Lakeshore and Spruce. The lot was beautiful, but the house was a wreck. I remember standing in the kitchen, looking at the sky through the holes in the ceiling while Bruce Bartow blatantly lied about its condition. Now, of course, it has been beautifully remodeled.

My friend and I also looked at the yellow-and-white cottage across the street. It was tiny, but had been beautifully remodeled. While we were there a Pine Lake policeman dressed in SWAT couture walked in unannounced, as if he owned the place. That's what our police force was like back in 1998.

When we drove past my house we called the owners, who told us to go around back to the shed and retrieve the key, which had been placed under a sponge. We did. My friend was unimpressed with the house, but I loved it and went back again to visit. I called the owner, who was also the seller, and the deal was made over the phone. It was painless, an one month later  moved in.

Tammy, house prices are reasonable here, and so is rent. I hope you can find your way to realize your dream to live here.

1 comment:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Oh my goodness, you were there around the same time I was with my uncle. HOW amazing is that and that we looked at the same
house.

I know from the houses I saw online last night, the prices are great but hubby is not ready to downsize but I know I am and now is the time to buy. BUT OH! I can dream for now.

Again, you are blessed!