Monday, August 20, 2012

Kiosks and Benches in the Wetlands


If you've been at the lake or at the wetlands lately you'll have noticed kiosks like this one (if you click on the photo you'll see a second kiosk in the background).


Each station (and there are quite a few of them) tells a story of the immediate area.

I'm sure they'll prove useful to residents and visitors alike.

I'm happy to say most stations feature at least one of my photos!





I'm sure others were involved, but Mayor Kathie DeNobriga and City Councilwoman Melanie Hammet talked about them with me while they were in the planning process.

I think they're a great addition to our wetlands!

There are new benches and swings...





...  and some of the existing ones have been repaired:




I'm happy to report the wooden posts and railings that were set out this spring are aging nicely. I thought at first they had been stained, but I think it's just natural weathering.


I like this rock and sign.


No comments: