Thursday, April 28, 2011

Photos of Mountain Park


Photos of Mountain Park are hard to find on the interwebs-- that's because searches on almost any engine pull up Stone Mountain Park.

Yesterday I found the Mountain Park Life website and made an account. There, I found some nice pictures that will give my readers an idea of what our sister city in North Fulton County looks like. Click MORE, below, to see them.





Pretty, huh?

But the lakes have a problem.



This green was once one the bottom of Lake Garret. Fish die (and so did a baby swan) because what's left of Garret is losing its oxygen.

Still, there's plenty of wildlife...




 ... and the same love of the place that typifies Pine Lake's residents.



 I'm dying to see what the houses look like. The best I was able to do was this image from Google Earth....


... and these photos from Christmas past:



I know that last image looks like it might be tipped on its side, but I flipped it every which way and I think it's right-side up.

No comments: