Tuesday, March 6, 2012

We Get Trees!

 Melanie Preventing a Tree From Making an Escape

This afternoon I got a phone call from an excited Melanie Hammet.

"Are you in town?"

"Yes."

"Do you have your camera?"

"Yes."

Melanie told me crews were planting trees-- big ones-- around the lake and in the wetlands. Five minutes later I was at the lake.

Sure enough, there was a big bunch of trees stacked near the beach house.


Every few minutes a man driving a front-end loader came by and carried away a few to the eastern wetlands, where crews were standing by newly-dug holes.




Melanie told me today's trees are but the first of 170 that will be planted around the lake and in the wetlands-- and after the trees, there will be lots of shrubs.

One of the project engineers told Melanie the trees should be in leaf within four or five weeks. I can' wait!

Augurs. The Big One is Almost Three Feet Wide!
Holes for Shrubbery
Melanie, Looking Cold. It was a Chilly Day

2 comments:

yeshe said...

I am interested in knowing what kind of trees and shrubs are being planted. I understand that Melanie and Megan have been overseeing this project and have this information. It would be great if this information could be made available to the public.

Dallas Denny said...

I know there's an assortment. I imagine you could get a list from city hall or from the city Q&A meeting next week. If I find out, I'll post a list.