Friday, May 27, 2011

Trees Down


The level of the lake was getting downright low before last night's rain. I had photos, but argh, for the first time since I bought my first computer in 1981, I lost data-- all the photos I have taken since I returned home a week ago Tuesday. And it was my own stupid fault.

Yesterday's storms took down some trees in the city, most notably one at Lakeshore and Spring (photo above) and another by the tennis courts. The latter carried power lines with it, creating a dangerous situation and requiring re-routing of cars to the other side of the lake. Power was apparently off on the back side of the lake from the evening onward. Electricity at my house went off at 2 am and didn't come back on again until late morning.

This tree on the small berm also went down.


No comments: