Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Jersey Botanical Gardens


While riding with my sweetie through the highlands of New Jersey in the fall of 2009 we chanced upon The New Jersey Botanical Gardens. The leaf colors were wonderful and I took more than one hundred photos with my Canon Digital Rebel SLR, which had arrived in the mail just thirty minutes before we left the house.

The gardens are on the grounds of Skyland Manor, a grand estate built in the 1920s for the Salomon family. They include formal gardens, lots of trails through the woods, and the manor house and outbuildings.On a mountaintop and with higher mountains on two sides, it's a lovely place.

Following are some of my photos of the botanical gardens' 2009 fall foliage.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for taking time to share them and your story.
Best wishes!
~ ShyAnn918 ~

Dallas Denny said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!

I'm going back to the Botanical Gardens tomorrow. The colors along the Hudson are more muted this year, but I'm hoping for a good display higher up. I'll be posting the photos here in a few days.

Dallas