Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Delta Airlines Boeing 777: Photo courtesy Delta Airlines
Delta's Ready When You Are

I flew from New York to Georgia today, and it's good to be back home after a month away!

I fly to and from White Plains airport in Westchester County. It's a small place, and I like the laid-back atmosphere. When I have time to kill I go to the inexpensive diner on the second floor or up to the third floor to watch planes and plug in my laptop. The gates are like 100 feet from security. It's all quite convience-- if your destination is one of the eighteen cities available from White Plains.

Fortunately Atlanta is one of the chosen few. I can generally book one-way flights for less than $100.

I usually fly direct, but wound up with a two-legger today. Happily, storms over Philadelphia got me re-routed onto a direct Delta flight and I was on the ground at Hartsfield less than two hours after takeoff. Then an hour on MARTA and a short cab ride from Indian Creek Station with a Somalian taxi driver, and I was home.

After a month way my house smelled a little musty and I had to sweep up three big dead palmetto bugs, but otherwise everything was fine.

Tomorrow it's off to Farmer's Market to stock up with perishables.

No comments: