Sunday, July 8, 2012

More Photos from the Georgia Aquarium


A few years ago I visited the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga.

I was impressed.

When I heard Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus wanted to fund an aquarium here in Atlanta, I thought, "What's the point?"

The point is, I suppose, that Bernie wanted one here, and a quarter of a billion dollars speaks loudly. Of course, our aquarium would be bigger. In fact, it's the world's biggest.

With tickets at $34.95 ($30.95 for seniors and $28.95 for children ages 3 to 12), a visit to the Georgia Aquarium isn't cheap, but there's much to see.

I took most of the photos that follow without flash. Because there was little light I set the ISO to 1600 (the max); even so, most exposures were under 1/60 second, making for a blur. Shooting through glass was confusing to the Rebel's autofocus-- all of which means the quality of some of the pictures isn't the greatest.






















No comments: