Thursday, August 24, 2017

Fisherman's Catch Redux

On my birthday, Rena and I had dinner with two more of my friends at Fisherman's Catch, a family-owned restaurant at 4132 Stone Mountain Highway in Lilburn. (It's on the right, across the street from Krispy Kreme and Home Depot). It's easy to miss, but don't, or you'll be sorry.



The restaurant is slowly phasing out as the owner (who looks rather like Peter Fonda) approaches retirement. The sign above is a bit misleading; currently Tuesdays and Wednesdays have been phased out and Fisherman's Catch is now open only Thursday through Saturday. Thursday is all-you-can-eat crab legs day, so plan accordingly!

Since I neglected to take even a single photo during my visit, I'd like to give credit for the photo to the Food Near Snellville blog.

Since my move to the frozen north I have been seriously deprived of hush puppies and crab legs, and I made up for it by ordering a side of crab legs and an additional six hush puppies. Dinner was fried catfish, with a baked potato and a big salad for sides. It took some doing, but I managed to pass up the appetizer of fried clams. It's only $2.99!

At this point dining at Fisherman's Catch is mostly symbolic, a ritual to perform with Rena, since we have a history of eating there. I know some folks will prefer Red Lobster or Joe's Crab Shack over it, but the seafood there is several years closer to the ocean, and staff have always been attentive, and that works for me.

No comments: