Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm Casing the Joint, See?


If You See This Suspicious Person, Please Call the Authorities
We're Sure She's Up to No Good
Wait a Minute! Is That Me??? Yes, It's Me!!!

<<Language Advisory!>>

Busted!

I was walking down Spruce with my camera, taking snapshots of flowers and houses and treehouses when a woman on a bicycle pulled up and demanded to know why I was taking pictures.

I understood why she had asked the question, but was put off by her utter lack of tact, grace, and charm. There were a thousand ways she could have been less offensive.

What I thought: "What the fuck is it to you?"

 What I said: "I'm taking pictures for my blog!"

She said: "Blog?"

What I thought: "Have you been hiding under a rock?"

What I said: "I'm taking pictures of houses and flowers. Google Pine Lake: The Blog and it will come up first in search."

She said: "I'm making sure you're not casing the place."

What I thought: "I am casing the place."

What I said. "I am casing the place."

Yep, I actually said it!

I managed to resist taking a photo of her backside as she rode away and posting it in the blog.

No comments: