Thursday, June 16, 2011

Phil Is On The Job!

Yesterday morning Phil Howland went above and beyond the call of duty by wading through the mud in an attempt to remove dead fish from the lake. The mud was horrible, with no bottom and tremendous suction-- so much suction he lost his thigh-high wading boots. I tell the tale in a humorous fashion below, but Phil, thanks so much for trying!





This is Indiana Jones.

No, wait! The hat threw me. It's our very own Phil Howland!

So, Phil, you have a white-collar job, right?

Absolutely.

Uh, what are those on your legs?

Waist-high waders.

Not Phil's actual waders. The originals were lost in the lake.

Sounds like white-collar gear to me! And your plan is, Phil?

I'm going to wade through the mud and remove the two big dead fish, which are offending people.


Just part of the job, huh?

I aim to please.


It doesn't look so bad...


Piece of cake!


I do look like Indy, don't I?


Man, this is hard going.


Need a hand here!

I'll be happy to help you, Phil, but  you know, I've been meaning to talk to you about a raise.


If I don't make it out of here I want a plaque placed in the clubhouse. Promise me!


A little help here!


Let's not tell anyone about this, shall we?

2 comments:

Melanie Hammet said...

This is absolutely hilarious!

Dallas Denny said...

Thanks, Melanie.

I phoned Phil to make sure he was okay with it.He was.