Friday, June 10, 2011

Empty Lake


The big pump on the berm on the western side of the lake is silent. The lake is for all practical purposes empty.



Notice the water level on the standpipe.



Here's what it looked like just a few days ago:


If you look at the photo below, you can see the original course of Snapfinger Creek on the western side of the lake. Note also the heron. He always shows when I didn't bring along my long telephoto lens.


I ran into Matthew Pulsts and his wife (sorry, I don't know her name) while I was at the lake. As we watched the heron trying to cope with a fish too big to swallow, Matt told me there will be a fish relocation soon. Good. I'm happy to know some of them will be saved.

Matt told me he had seen a piece of heavy machinery in the lake earlier in the afternoon. I expect the digging to begin no later than Monday.

No comments: