Monday, June 30, 2014

Way Cool



I've lately realized how very much I would like to have a garage, or at least a carport. Neither is likely, given the size of my parcel, but I am beyond tired of all the crap that winds up on my car.

I've been noticing this apparatus, which shelters two cars on Spring Street. It's simple, yet elegant. I have three built-in anchor points alongside my driveway (a tree at the corners of my gazebo), so with only one post, or perhaps a cantilevered affair like above, I could keep most of the debris off my car.

I believe the Tarnowers used to live in the house. If anyone can tell me who lives there and how to get in touch with them (or if you see this post and recognize your house and choose to contact me), I would be eternally grateful. I'd like to find out the particulars of the triangular cloth that was used. Is it repurposed sails? Was it expensive? Where can I get some!

No comments: