Friday, May 31, 2013

Tea Kettle Hitler


When this tea kettle, designed by Michael Graves and sold by J.C. Penney, was featured on a billboard in California, mini-blogging site Reddit lit up. Why? Because, said some Redditors, it looked like Hitler.

Here's what commuters saw:



If you use your imagination you might think Mr. Kettle looks like Lego Hitler.

Click READ MORE to see a WW-II era photo by Pine Lake's Claude Suttle.




Many of Mr. Suttle's photographs were taken in Pine Lake, but others were taken in his travels. I'm not certain where this one came from, but I like to imagine the impersonation happened right here in Pine Lake.

2 comments:

tea kettle said...

The red color is bright, adding a pop of color to my kitchen. The kettle whistles nice and loud when boiling, I appreciate that because I get distracted easily. Happy with my purchase!

Cheyenne Palisades said...

It really is a beautiful design. I cannot not unsee Hitler, though.