Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Egg Hunt

These Sisters Were Adorable. The Older Took Good Care of the Younger.
On Saturday morning my friend Rena sent me a text message to let me know she was on the way to the city-- with children. Why? Easter Egg Hunt!

I rolled out of bed and grabbed my camera and made my way to a group of people at the entry to the eastern wetlands.


 Eggs were conspicuously lacking.

A close reading of the nearby sign suggested we were in the wrong place.


Unfortunately, the sign said Mr. Cottontail would be coming down the wetlands trail, making for some confusion.

Everyone made their way to the clubhouse, where the Easter egg hunt was over.

No worries.

While volunteers sowed plastic eggs...


...Rena and I enjoyed a delicious continental breakfast, courtesy of Duck's Cosmic Kitchen. I especially liked the almond scones and fresh croissants.

Rena
Finally the organizers were ready.

While the children hunted eggs...


... the adults were, well, adults.


Rene's just barely four-year-old grandson Ashton (yes, I know he looks six, but he just turned four) took no prisoners.


Her six-month-old granddaughter Addison showed little interest in the eggs, but had a good time sitting in the sun.


 When the eggs were all found, it was time to count them.


Ashton had the most. Yay, Ashton!

And yay to PLAIN for putting the egg hunt together!

No comments: